First, let's catch up on the last 7 months since I posted an update then I'll tackle the uncomfortable stuff. We'll go in chronological order:
- Abigail started walking! She has always done things on her own timeline and for this milestone she decided to wait a while. Probably just to make me worry ;) Around 18 months old she took her first steps. The fantastic thing was that I happened to be at home when she did! Being home with her full time was the one great thing about being unemployed.
|I'm a big girl now!|
- Shortly after my last update I accepted a job with a great company near downtown. I was sad to leave Abby but extremely relieved to be working again to be able to contribute financially.
- Before I went back to work I did a "mommy's weekend" with my dear friend Erin. We went to San Antonio and had a blast. We walked the river walk, shopped, went to a piano bar and a stand up comedy show. We also stopped at a place on the way home where you can take a tour thru caverns. I expected to panic a bit but it turned out fine and I enjoyed it! It was a much needed trip.
Erin and I on our weekend away
- I started work on October 29th and have found that I love my job again! It was such a welcome relief to enjoy what I do. They are so supportive of a healthy lifestyle as well and we started a "Biggest Loser" competition in March. (separate post to come) So far I am down 18 pounds! 2 more and I will be a quarter of the way to my goal. It's a long road ahead but I have a great start.
- The best news: My best friend of 13 years (wow I feel old..) Amanda and her family moved back to Houston!!! I am so happy to have her back and it was an extra blessing since it turns out I needed her support more than ever this year.
Amanda's youngest, Reagan, and Abigail are very close. We're in for so much trouble when they're teenagers...
- At the end of March Abby turned 2!! We had a party at the house with family and just enjoyed the day. Abby is growing up so fast, I am having to get used to how fast it's going by but at least I am savoring every single moment with her. Our sweet friend Leslie took some time to photograph Abby, Keven and I for her 2 year portraits. They turned out so nice!We had a Tinkerbell Themed Party!
Tinkerbell outfit from her Godparents, Amanda and David. perfectly captures her "attitude"So now for the uncomfortable bit...As of May 16th, Keven and I are officially divorced. We separated on February 1st. It's a long complicated story but yes, I am sad that Abby will not have her mom and dad in the same house. And yes, it was a really hard decision. It was not a quick decision either. The good news is that it was not a "messy" divorce and we still work hard to be great co-parents for Abigail. Our goal is for her to grow up loved and to keep her routine as normal as possible. Our families and friends have been AMAZING during this time.So for now, Abby and I are still in my house. That will change sooner rather than later but again, that decision is one that had to be made. I am busy from the minute I open my eyes in the morning until the moment I lay down to sleep at night. But it is a good busy and I am happy to focus now on Abby, my health and my career.More updates to come, stay tuned!With Love,Megan