Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


Tuesday, September 18, 2012

For those that don't know....

Keven and I have been married for 2 years and 7 months now! Wow time seems to have sped up somehow. Anyway, so how did we meet? When did we meet? There are two answers to those questions.

Keven and I actually first met in high school when we were juniors. We hung with the same group of people at the time. While he may not like to admit it, Keven had a crush on me at that time. Without too many details let's just say that was not the time for him and I. 

Fast forward to 2009, I had gone to college and started working shortly after graduation. Keven had joined that Army and was stationed in Iraq. Enter Facebook, we reconnected there. We messaged back and forth for a while to catch up on the past 7 years. Eventually we were IM'ing every day, at least 6 hours a day. No,  I'm not exaggerating, we literally talked ALL the time. So by the time he finished his tour in Iraq we knew pretty much everything about each other. The only thing left was to meet in person to see what was there. 

Now comes the crazy sounding part:

We saw each other in person in December 2009, and were married February 12th, 2010.

I instantly became a stepmom to Keven's son Matthew, who was 4 at the time. It's a challenge but everything good in life is a challenge at some point.

From there on out it seems like many, many years worth of challenges were thrown in our path within the first 2 years. May of 2010 I had a miscarriage. I won't say much on it here, but it was a turning point in my life for certain. Very quickly after that, August of 2010 to be exact, I found out I was pregnant again. This time I was anxious from the get go, during my pregnancy I had a lot of issues with my health, and I spent the majority of 8 months worrying. (More about that in another post)
On March 28th, 2011 Abigail Jane Gordon was born, she was 5 weeks early but perfectly healthy thankfully.

For a little while things were calm, well as calm as they can be with a newborn. I returned to work a short 7 weeks later and my health issues began. Thankfully, everything was diagnosed and treated by the beginning of 2012. In the meantime, in December 2011 Keven's great grandmother passed away, quickly followed by the passing of my grandfather in January 2012, then the sudden passing of Keven's grandmother in March. 
Granny, Keven's great Grandmother, with Abby
Papa, my grandfather, with me as a baby, 1983
GG, Keven's grandmother, with Abby

We still mourn all three of these wonderful family members each and every day. Fortunately, we have each other and dear family and friends who support us. 

Our most recent bump in the road came in August, I lost my job. I am confident that I will be able to find another one soon, but in the meantime I have been able to spend some wonderful time with Abby. So on that note you're all caught up and I'll close with a picture of our precious Abby and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment